Friday, April 6, 2012

I needed some 'color' in my life and Purple is something that I haven't tried for myself in quite a while if ever!! And part of the reason I am attempting to give purple a try is because it was bought at a 50% off Sale from a local yarn shop that went out of business.
The things we do for a bargain !!


Prancer must watch over the whole process as usual. Bless her heart, she is going on 14 and her eyesight and hearing is slowly going. It's a cruel thing, to me she still looks like a Pup. Also Arthritis is trying to butt it's mean head in too!
OH, Sorry I am getting off subject....



Now some of you may be wondering, 'Why does she have the yarn out in the sun?'
Good question :-)
If you have ever worked with EuroFlax yarn before, you know that it is a 'bear' on the poor fingers. Very rough and stiff. Well the lovely lady I bought it from in Ontario gave me a wonderful tip, Give the yarn a good soaking first, then roll it in a towel to get moisture out then I took it into my shower and got to take out some frustrations by slapping the hanks against the wall a few times to break up the yarns clinging to each other .... AND that is why the yarn is outside in the wind drying! This process should soften the yarn and make it more enjoyable to knit with. ;-))



Sorry I didn't get this picture turned around right, I had a hard enough time getting all these pictures loaded in the right order! (must be losing my blogging mojo) But as you can see this yarn in machine washable and dryable !!! That doesn't happen very much in the knitting world.

And here is a grainy picture of what I am going to start knitting. The back also hosts a section of lace work across the upper back. Don't know if I will omit the side slits yet or not. Seems to want to curl up around the hem area. Really appreciate Ravelry for all the input on this pattern and yarn choice. ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment