Sunday, June 14, 2009

June Get-Away


I started my awesome weekend with my Friday Knitting Group. We meet every week and have been for a little over a year now. The picture below is missing about 5 other gals, during the summer its harder for all of us to get together and I heard someone sprained her wrist! (Donna, we are hoping for a speedy recovery for you!)



I just returned from a 2 day get away!! I stayed at a local hotel, had a lovely massage, watched HGTV all day (now I am gonna REALLY re-paint my bedroom!). I did a little knitting, did a little more beading, did a lot more reading, did a whole lot of sleeping :)

I bought myself flowers so the room would smell lovely!! I love the cube vase, it is so non-traditional, just like me!!












I did manage to take a little walk for 'scenic sake' and came across this cute little babbling pond. I wish I could miniaturize myself and float along its winding path.


Can you guess what this is?





It's the roots of a tree!



This was taken from my hotel room window, that is my van, and that is my car's Tude !!! so watch out.....



On the way home I stopped at Home Depot and got some paint samples, so the master bedroom is going to be finally loosing its pink walls and going to Oriental Silk. yyeeeeaahhh!!! Which will match the green accent wall I painted last year soooo much better...god I am lazy. Of course I will be the only one painting the huge room ....all by myself.

Here is a big area painted with one coat, jeez I couldn't wait to test it out. See how ungodly the pink looked with the green wall....and I LOVE my green wall! So tomorrow I will do all the walls I can ,moving the furniture that weighs less than 150lbs! We have 3 very heavy pieces! I have a lot of taping ahead of me...4 windows and 3 doors.

Dang that HGTV !!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you enjoyed your quiet getaway. I like your color selection! Happy painting.

    ReplyDelete