Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Autumn has fallen.....

The closing of the Pool..........may we bow our heads in prayer........that Spring will find its way back SOON !!
I do not like this day, and every year I push the closing date closer and closer to October. On the knitting front, I have finished and blocked a sweater that was left for about a year and a half!!! I know, awful huh? Part of the reason was because I had tried it on and the arms and armholes were on the tight side,,, surely the yarn did not shrink as it sat waiting, surely my arms have not gained in circumference....
Well, I decided to suck it up and I washed it and blocked the $#@)(#$*&)@*)&)@(!#*)($ out of it (it's cotton, will it continue to grow?) The color is a pretty turquoise, it's this dang Fall lighting (or lack there of) that made these pictures look grey... ANYway, i tried it on and WOW!! it fits!


I haven't got up the nerve to start the sleeves of my striped sweater yet.....I should do both sleeves at once and I can't wrap my head around that yet.....so I started a new sock pattern instead....I know 'that doesn't make sense', cause the sock took more brain power, anyway the sock is going ok, on this pattern you start at the heel!! check it out over at knitty.com


I made a necklace, its full of everything, Sterling Silver findings, wire, charms and tons of stones that only my brother can name ! :)



I am very happy with it



It felt very good to sit and create such a wild piece....I think a matching bracelet might be next!




2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the necklace! I wish I had the time and energy anymore to sit down and do something with my beading! I have a week off in Nov.! maybe that will be a good time! Like the sweater too! One of my favorite colors! You're so talented!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the necklace- did I tell you I had a birthday recently????

    ReplyDelete